Belia A. Peña, Esq.
Based in the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas, the Law Office of Belia Peña works with immigration clients nationwide on matters related to immigration & naturalization, family-based immigration matters, and deportation defense, to name a few types of cases.
Ms. Peña's team will relentlessly pursue your case and develop solutions in complex instances. Immigration policy and law is under perpetual debate and change. We stay current on the constant shifts to better serve our clients. We consider not only the laws of today, but those of the future which may-or may not-help you.
Ms. Peña has been practicing immigration law since 2017. Born and raised in the Rio Grande Valley, she was exposed to diverse backgrounds via her upbringing and life experiences. Her mother was a healthcare worker who provided medical care to immigrants and residents of the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) for three decades. She often traveled from Starr through Hidalgo and Cameron counties to visit patients in their homes, usually because they were too ill to travel to the doctor's office. Ms. Peña's father travelled extensively and taught her the value of learning about different cultures and serving those in our RGV community. Together, her parents taught her to cherish the diversity in our beloved RGV. Ms. Peña is grateful for all that the RGV has provided her and her family and vows to be the best immigration lawyer she can be.
Prior to practicing law, Ms. Peña investigated serious cases of severe abuse, abandonment, neglect, and human trafficking. She has advocated for and protected people with special needs who required safeguards so that they could thrive and accomplish their goals to live a fruitful and accomplished life.
Current Employment Position
- Sole Managing Attorney
- Immigration 95%
- Federal Criminal Appeals (no state criminal work) 5%
- New Mexico, 2017
- U.S. Federal Courts
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico, 2017
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2021
- University of Miami School Law, Miami, Florida
- Cornell University, Ithica, New York
- Major: Latin American Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Immigration Appeals, Member
- Rio Grande Valley Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Member, Present
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member, Present
- Federal Bar Association-Southern District of Texas, Member, Present
- New Mexico Bar Association, Member, Present
- Fifth Circuit Bar Admission, Member, Present
Classes & Seminars
- Litigation Strategies for Improper Age Redet, Children's Immigration Law Academy, 05/03/2021 to 05/04/2021
- Advocating Against the Removal of Unaccompanied Children, Children's Imm. Law Academy, 05/01/2020
- Child Age Outs & Federal Litigation Strategies, Children's Imm. Law Academy, 05/01/2020
- South Texas Pro Bono Asylum Project, 2019 to Present