top of page

Renew DACA Status Or Apply For A Work Permit

Approximately 600,000 young adults in the United States are active participants in Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). These members of our communities in Texas and elsewhere can work and study in the U.S. with the benefit of DACA status because they:

  • Were under age 31 on June 15, 2012

  • Arrived in the U.S. while under the age of 16

  • Have been in the U.S. continuously since June 15, 2007 or earlier

  • Were students and/or had served in the military when they initially applied

  • Have had no criminal convictions while living in the U.S.


Are you ready to renew your DACA status or apply for the first time? DACA recipients must renew their status every two years. If you once had DACA status but did not renew it in time, you may make an initial application again. To ensure that you meet all requirements as you apply for DACA or DACA renewal, you should work with a skilled, empathetic immigration lawyer.

At Law Office of Belia A. Peña, you have an attentive, effective advocate available. Attorney Belia Peña can help you secure the right immigration benefits, such as a family-based immigrant visa, a DACA renewal or a work permit as described below. Her goal is to enable you to take advantage of legal paths for living and working in the U.S. as you desire.

Obtaining Work Permits

Whether you are in the U.S. or still in another country, you may be eligible to work in the U.S. with an appropriate work permit. Attorney Peña assists applicants who qualify for work permits such as the following:

  • E-visas, including E-1, E-2 and E-3, for treaty traders and investors seeking temporary worker status.

  • H-1B visas for temporary workers in specialty occupations

  • L visas for temporary transfers within multinational companies

  • R-1 visas for temporary nonimmigrant religious workers


This is just a partial list of available work permits in the U.S. Do you have an opportunity to take part in a temporary work project or training program in the U.S.? You may be eligible to file an I-129 nonimmigrant worker application to provide services or receive training in the U.S., possibly with remuneration.


Ask About DACA Or Work Permit Opportunities In The U.S.

Are you a refugee or asylum seeker? You may qualify for an employment authorization document (EAD) and a conditional green card (permanent residency) if you have refugee status or a pending asylum case.

Request a consultation with immigration attorney Belia Peña in McAllen, Texas. She can help you pursue a promising pathway for working in the U.S. Call 956-831-1424 or send an email message.

Talk To Me Today

Fields marked with an * are required

bottom of page